Healthcare is an industry that is constantly H evolving, with a world of new treatments and technologies to be introduced in the coming years. The need for healthcare brands to keep up with this change and adapt quickly has never been more important than it is today.
In order to do so, healthcare brands must have an integrated marketing approach using every medium at its best. Digital mediums like Email, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media, Video Content, and even traditional ones like Print, Radio, etc., together can-do wonders for a brand. To ensure maximum outcomes for the organizations catering to B2B and B2C healthcare, food and beverage, technology, nonprofit, education, and professional services, Rosica Communications focuses on the cross-utilization of emerging technologies to provide precise content that helps achieve a steady and perpetual client-partners communications goals. Under the exemplary leadership of its President, Chris Rosica, the company fuses complementary services in a creative, high-impact style to accelerate results.
In an interview with Insights Care, Chris shared valuable facts highlighting Rosica Communications’ significance, emphasizing its exemplary services in the modern industry.
Below are the excerpts from the interview
Chris, Enlighten our readers about Rosica Communications.
Rosica Communications was established in 1980, and its values have always embodied creativity and resourcefulness. We serve as a thinking partner to our clients and deliver award-winning results.
Ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best PR Agencies in America,” Rosica’s healthcare PR and corporate communications practice serve such verticals as infection prevention, medical device, DME/medical supplies, diagnostics, animal health, associations, and others. With a strategic approach, creativity, attention to detail and tenacity, our team joins forces with mission-driven client partners to elevate brand positioning and message development; media relations, thought leadership initiatives, crisis communications, disease awareness and advocacy, content marketing, critical opinion leader development and supporting our client-partners lobbying efforts through strategic PR and communications.
What are the USPs that highlight Rosica Communications’ prominence in the healthcare industry?
Since 1980, Rosica Communications has specialized in media relations. We are always looking towards the future, adapting and evolving. Over the years, we’ve added numerous services to remain current and ahead of the curve. In 2008, we launched a digital marketing firm, Interact Marketing – long before healthcare PR firms embraced digital.
Interact serves numerous healthcare clients, including hospitals, large physician practices, reference laboratories, and medical device companies. Another differentiator with Rosica is our ability to create and execute integrated marketing programs where public relations, content marketing, social media marketing, SEO, stakeholder communications, and conference marketing work together to accelerate results.
We develop high-quality content and repurpose and syndicate it to effectively impact stakeholder communications, reputation, thought leadership and lead generation. In addition, we are adept in positioning and messaging, which is critical when trying to differentiate a company or product from the competition.
Rosica’s integrated marketing communications services include thought leadership, corporate and brand positioning, strategy (marketing/PR/digital/communication), social media marketing, influencer marketing, media relations, crisis communications, KOL development, video, content development/marketing, corporate communications, issues management, cause marketing, digital marketing (SEO and SEM), WordPress security, and website development.
Tell us about the services that Rosica Communications provides to its clients as a comprehensive suite of growth services.
Our Services Include:
- Cause Marketing
- Content Development & Content Marketing (written, visual, digital)
- Corporate Communications (internal & external)
- Digital Marketing (SEO, SEM, online reputation management)
- Earned Media (Media Relations) & Storytelling
- Email Marketing & Marketing Automation
- Graphic Design
- Integrated Marketing Communications (planning & execution)
- Issues Management & Crisis Communications
- Media Event Strategy & Execution
- Positioning & Messaging
- KOL/SME & Spokesperson Development & Media Training
- Social Media Marketing (strategy & execution)
- Social Media & Online Sentiment Monitoring
- Speaker’s Bureau
- Strategic Counsel (PR, communications, digital, crisis, integrated marketing)
- Thought Leadership Development
- Tradeshow/Conference Marketing
- Website Development
What are the essential factors and aspects that your company implements in providing effective solutions for the sustainable growth of businesses for its clients in the healthcare space?
We believe thought leadership is imperative for healthcare companies today and requires an integrated, concerted marketing/communications/PR effort that encompasses social media, content development/marketing (including white papers and by-lined articles), earned media, and speaker’s bureau.
Our KOL development/training, meeting support and publication planning services truly set Rosica Communications apart and help our clients build credibility, connect with influencers, grow share of voice and support sales efforts.
What were the initial challenges you and your company had to overcome and what are the challenges now?
Years ago, we adopted a never give up attitude and despite hardships, we are gratified by the work we do for our client-partners. It’s rewarding and that makes it all worthwhile.
Over the years, we’ve overcome many challenges – from workforce shortages and major recessions – to dealing with the global pandemic and transitioning to working as a fully digital PR team. In an interview with Forbes earlier this year, I shared how we could never have imagined supporting a partially remote work environment, let alone a fully remote scenario – and that we favor this alternative. We regularly encourage other businesses and nonprofits to follow suit.
What is the current scenario of healthcare marketing agencies in the healthcare niche?
The most significant trend for healthcare marketing agencies in 2022 was expanding deliverables – from offering a few core services to a plethora of integrated marketing services. Not only are teams today better equipped to expand their offerings (i.e., leveraging digital tools), but clients expect it!
This year we also saw continued consolidation of agencies through mergers and acquisitions, with many teams transitioning to fully digital work environments. Rosica Communications has been working fully digital since March 2020 and our team members appreciate our flexibility.
Please give us a few testimonials of your clients and a list of awards that accurately highlight Rosica Communications’ position in the healthcare sector.
“After evaluating results over the past year from the more than 30 public relations firms with which Pfizer has contracted in various states, Rosica has outperformed all others.”
– Karen Boykin-Towns, Former Senior Director Government Affairs, Pfizer Inc.
- Forbes List of “America’s Best PR Agencies.”
- Galaxy Awards (Gold & Grand Award Winner), Public Relations, 1st Place – Event Marketing: Rosica Communications and The Salvation Army Greater NY Division Giant Red Kettle
- Public Relations Society of America Big Apple Award, 1st Place – Events and Observances (1-7 Days): Rosica and The Salvation Army Greater NY Division’s Giant Red Kettle
- Public Relations Society of America Pyramid Award, 1st Place – Event: Rosica and The Salvation Army Greater NY Division’s Giant Red Kettle
- Galaxy Awards (Best of Public Relations) – The Salvation Army Greater NY Division’s Giant Red Kettle
- Top Vermont social media Agency by Kicksta and InflenceGrid – Social Media Marketing Awards
- Public Relations Society of America Pyramid Award – Community Relations and Cause Marketing
A Strategic Approach
Rosica is a popular keynote speaker and lecturer on social media, online reputation management, cause marketing and media relations. He is also a skilled public speaking coach who teaches KOLs, CEOs, salespeople and corporate and nonprofit executives how to effectively communicate their messages. Rosica authored The Authentic Brand, which details the process and effects of incorporating cause marketing into a company’s business and promotional agenda.
His second book, The Business of Cause Marketing, details the process and the results of successfully incorporating cause marketing into a company’s business strategy. Most recently, he published The Power of B2B Social Media: The Marketing Strategy You Can’t Afford to Ignore, which is currently the leading guide for B2B organizations seeking to build their online presence strategically.
Rosica is the past president of the New York City chapter of the Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization (YEO, now called EO) and serves on the statewide board of Boys & Girls Clubs in NJ. He graduated from Johnson & Wales University, Florida International University and completed the Entrepreneurial Master’s Program at MIT.
- For over 25 years, Rosica has offered his firm’s strategic public relations counsel to hundreds of nonprofits, B2B and B2C healthcare organizations.
- Deep healthcare writing experience; regular contributor to several healthcare industry trade publications.
- Author of The Authentic Brand, The Business of Cause Marketing and The Power of B2B social media; contributor to numerous healthcare, business and marketing publications.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
- Experienced healthcare PR and corporate communications strategist; positioning and messaging facilitator; KOL trainer; and crisis communications professional.
- Graduate of the Entrepreneurial Master’s Program (EMP) at MIT.