Rainbow Children’s Hospitals is India’s leading group of children’s hospitals with almost two decades of experience in offering high standard Perinatal Care and Pediatric Super Specialty services. It is the first corporate children’s hospital in India. Today, it has the occupancy of 1200 beds, with 30% of beds dedicated to Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care services, with 12 units over Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Vijayawada, Delhi, and Chennai. Setting the benchmark in Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care, Rainbow has played a major role in saving thousands of critically ill children and has emerged as one of the best children’s hospital group in the country.
The Group has a separate maternity wing, Birthright By Rainbow, under the same roof, which lays the foundation of a comprehensive model of complete care for a mother and her child, from conception to childhood. Backed up by state-of-the-art infrastructure, it is driven by a highly motivated team of highly qualified and experienced consultants, dynamic team of residents and fellows, well trained nurses, and paramedical staff.
Journey to the Top
Incepted on 14th November 1999, on the occasion of Children’s Day, Rainbow set course towards success. Its cornerstone was established in Hyderabad by Dr. Ramesh Kancharla and a group of highly brilliant doctors. Rainbow was started as a pilot project to demonstrate the need of comprehensive maternal and child care under one roof. Currently, it is India’s first children’s hospital with NABH accreditation with clinical outcomes very close to the developed countries. Rainbow Group has always focused on patient safety, integrity, excellence, innovation, and team work and has created benchmarks in children’s healthcare and perinatal services.
Although obstetrics care started at Rainbow from 2006, this special unit came to be known as Birthright By Rainbow in 2014. Today, the maternal care infrastructure of birthright is perhaps the best in the country with maternal ICU, fetal medicine, obstetrics, and neonatology under one roof. It strongly believes in the comprehensive maternal and child healthcare model, which is safer and addresses the patients’ special needs.
The Prodigious Leader
Dr. Ramesh Kancharla, the Founder and Managing Director of the Rainbow Group of Hospitals pursued medicine to fulfill the dream his father had seen for him. Having completed his MBBS and MD (Pediatrics) from India, he went to UK for his further studies (MRCP-UK). There he worked in institutions like Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children & King’s College for Specialty Services, for several years. Following his return to India, he was hard-pressed to find a place to practice his clinical skills due to lack of meaningful dedicated pediatric hospitals in the country. Therefore, he, along with some of his expert friends, started the success giant known as Rainbow Children’s Hospitals.
Comprehensive Pediatric and Maternity Services
Having set high standards in pediatric and neonatal tertiary care, Rainbow Group has also made its mark in maternal care services under the brand birthright, addressing the profound effect of perinatal factors on child birth and future health. The services it provides includes:
- 24X7 Consultant Availability
- Advanced NICU, PICU and MICUs – Round the clock Emergency services with full monitoring and resuscitation capabilities
- Dedicated children’s transport services, geared to carry long distance retrievals.
- All pediatric super specialties under one roof – General Pediatrics, Neonatology, Pediatric Intensive Care, Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Pulmonology and Allergy, Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Urology, Pediatric Orthopedics, Pediatric ENT, Pediatric Metabolic Medicine, Child Psychology, Pediatric Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation and Pediatric Emergency.
- Comprehensive Maternal Care Set-up – Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fetal Medicine, General Medicine, Fertility – IVF, IUI, and more.
- Holistic Care Program – It believes that the first 1000 days, from conception to toddlerhood, are not only the most joyous but also the most significant time of a child’s as well as mother’s life. It offers a 1000 Day program to spread awareness and assist the mothers-to-be and new mothers in every possible way to bring up a healthy and happy child.
- Recently, Rainbow Group has also established a dedicated pediatric cardiac care center–Rainbow Children’s Heart Institute—that offers comprehensive cardiac care services, including fetal cardiology.
Why Rainbow Hospitals?
Rainbow has strived to achieve excellence in the services it provides to children requiring super specialty care in a child-friendly environment with high medical standards, compassion, and care. Team Birthright specializes in providing tertiary level care to women with normal or high-risk pregnancy. The hospital also has fetal-medicine department to ensure that most problems in a newborn, which can be recognized during pregnancy, are addressed and the care can start when the child is in the womb.
The integrated team, consisting of obstetricians, fetal medicine specialists, and geneticists, work closely in conjunction with neonatologists, medical sub-specialists, and maternal intensivists to optimize maternal and fetal outcomes. They are supported by the in-house Neonatal team at Rainbow and round-the-clock obstetric anesthesia and epidural facilities. A full-fledged pediatric set-up proves, evidently, a great advantage for post-natal care.
Birthright By Rainbow also ensures ultra-comfort for the mother and the child with specially designed delivery packages, including premium services for those who are looking for luxury birthing options. Additionally, birthright By Rainbow and Rainbow Children’s Hospitals has infrastructure at par with the international standards, equipped with state-of-the art technology and equipment to treat them. To understand the nerve of its patients, there are a bunch of internal applications in place to track treatment progress, keep the patient notified and up-to-date and record timely patient feedback.