Children between the ages of 5-11 are now eligible for Covid-19 vaccination. The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have only allowed the Pfizer vaccine to be given to children. Here are some of the important things that should be kept in mind before taking your kids for vaccination.
- Before vaccination talk to your child and explain why it is important.
- Aware the doctors or the nurses about the allergies that your child may have.
- Make sure your child is seated or is lying down during the vaccination and after the vaccine is given for 15 minutes.
- Make sure you stay with your child after the vaccine shot for 15-30 minutes under observation. This is to prevent any severe damage in case there are any allergic reactions.
- Pain relievers of any sort are not recommended to prevent side effects before and after vaccination.
Be with your child during the vaccine shot. The side effects in children are like those in adults. Also, make sure that your child is well-rested after the vaccination.